Cape May – Lewes Ferry to Host Car Show, Coast Guard Community Breakfast
Events Part of Cape May County's U.S.C.G. Celebration Weekend
CAPE MAY, NJ – It’s cruisin’ time at the Cape May Ferry Terminal! On Sunday, May 6, the Cape May – Lewes Ferry will host a car show as part of the U.S. Coast Guard Festival activities at the Ferry Terminal in North Cape May, New Jersey. The car show will be held in the staging lot of the Cape May Toll Lanes from 9:00 AM until 12:30 PM. Staging will begin at 8:00 AM. The cost is $5 per vehicle and all proceeds benefit the Coast Guard Community Foundation.
“Come on out and show off your car in a fun atmosphere at the Cape May - Lewes Ferry Terminal,” said Michael Porch, marketing manager for the Ferry. “With our expansive parking areas and waterfront views, a car show is a natural fit for the Ferry and the entry fee will aid the efforts of the Coast Guard Foundation!”
U.S. Coast Guard recruits will judge the car show. Porch noted that the car show is open to all vehicle makes and models. The car show will include the award categories Best of Show, Best Classic Car, and Best Muscle Car. The entry fee of $5 per vehicle benefits the Coast Guard Foundation.
A special discount vehicle rate on the Ferry is available on a limited, first-come, first-served basis for those entrants coming over from Delaware. Space is limited. Car owners are encouraged to pre-register. To register, please call the Ferry’s Guest Services at 800 643-3779.
Other activities scheduled for Sunday, May 6 at the Cape May Ferry Terminal include:
• U.S. Coast Guard Festival Breakfast – seatings at 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM is open to the public. The cost for the breakfast is $20 for adults, $10 for children. The menu includes scrambled eggs with assorted toppings, seasoned hash brown potatoes, bacon, country link sausage, maple cured ham, buttermilk pancakes, cinnamon French toast with fresh berries, assorted pastries, cereal station with granola and berries, assorted juices, coffee, and tea. Reservations are required at 800.643.3779.
• Special performance by U.S. Coast Guard Recruit Band and the Lower Cape May Regional High School Band
• Ferry life raft demonstration
• Presentation of the Colors and Performance by US Coast Guard Recruit Drill Team
• Playground & Free Mini-Golf for the children!
• Magic show with Ken Northridge
• Special Awards Ceremony for Coast Guard - Coast Community Spouse of the Year, Hometown Hero, and more.
Cape May County has been designated by the U.S. Government as an official Coast Guard Community, one of only two counties in the U.S. to be so honored. A weekend festival begins on Thursday, May 3 and continues through Sunday, May 6. For full festival details including Thursday, Saturday and Sunday events, please visit coastguardcommunity.org
About the Cape May-Lewes Ferry
The Cape May – Lewes Ferry is owned and operated by the Delaware River and Bay Authority, a bi-state governmental agency created by Compact in 1962. The Ferry is open year-round and has carried more than 45 million passengers since its inception on July 1, 1964. In 2018, the ferry service, which connects Victorian Cape May, New Jersey, and historic Lewes, Delaware, transported approximately 275,000 vehicles and nearly 1 million passengers. For schedule, rates and other program information, please visit the ferry’s website at www.CMLF.com, or call toll free, 800-643-3779. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @CMLFerry.
PDF of Press Release
USCG at Ferry Terminal
USCG Benefit Car Show in 2017