Salem, New Jersey
term expires July 1, 2024
- Executive Director, Salem County Community College Foundation, (2015 - present)
- Publisher, Today’s Sunbeam of South Jersey Newspapers Company (2005-2014) - oversaw editorial and circulation departments; directly responsible for advertising revenue. Retired in March 2014
- General Manager, Today’s Sunbeam (1998-2005)
- Advertising Manager, Today’s Sunbeam (1991-1998)
- Advertising Representative, Today’s Sunbeam (1986-1991)
- Salem County Partners Program; partnership with five top businesses in Salem County has raised and contributed more than $200,000 in scholarship money, initiated the largest prayer breakfast in the county, raised over $75,000 in charitable donations, started a Salem County Sports Hall of Fame, and worked with the Salem County prosecutors office on a youth program, Turn off the Violence.
- The Spirit Awards – a partnership between United Way and Acclaim Promotions to honor volunteers in the community.
- Women-to-Women Group of Salem County
- Worked with the Salem County Chamber of Commerce to hold first-ever Women’s Symposium
- Together with the Salem County Freeholders started The Best of Salem County
- Together with the Alzheimer’s Association, the first Town Meeting and Educational Forum in Salem County was sponsored.
Civic and Business Affiliations
- Memorial Hospital of Salem County, Board of Directors, 2002-present
- Rotary Member, 1991-present (chair of Public Relations and Fund Raising committees)
- Rotary President, 1993-1994
- Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 1998-present
- Chamber of Commerce, Chairwoman, 2004
- Main Street Board of Directors, 1999-present
- Member, United Way Board; 1998-present (Campaign Chair 2001; President of Board, 2005)
- Salem Community College Foundation Board Member; Co-chair of the Scholarship Dinner
- Member, SCVTS Educational Foundation Board; Chair of the Scholarship Dinner
- Board Member, Meals on Wheels 2004-present
- Salem County Distinguished Citizen of the Year, 2001
- Salem Community College Service Award, 2004
- Calvary Community Development Corporation Service Award, 2005
- St. Hubert's Hall of Fame, 2007
- Commission on Women, 2007
Married to Jim Smith; two sons, Tom and his wife, Karen; and Jim and his wife, Tina. Five Grandchildren: Madison, Brogan, Danny, Abigail, and Shamus.